Trolley Scan(Pty) Ltd
Trolleyponder is a protocol and
electronic system design that can be packaged by different manufacturers
in different ways to give products with varying performances. Below are
typical performances that should be achievable using this technology.
- Medium reading range -
- Typically 4 to 6 meter reading ranges
- Multiple articles -
- 400 items can be read at the same time with the extension to thousands
- Low power operation
- EcoTag version uses very low power
for transponder operation allowing good range of operation even in the
low EU regulatory environment of 0.5watts ERP
- Fast reading -
- Due to the simplified nature of Trolleyponder
protocol, this technology offers one of the fastest reading rates for high
volume multiple transponder systems available.
- Large number range -
- The system allows for a very large range of possible identity numbers.(10e21).
This range can be further extended using data compression techniques. The
numbers are programmed into the read only memory by the user or when the
transponders are attached to the goods to be identified.
- Individual or batch numbering -
- As the protocol does not make use of the number content to identify
the transponder, either unique or common numbering can be used in the application.
- Electronic Article Surveillance -
- Tags can be repeatedly neutralised or reactivated on command for use
with an integrated EAS system (anti-theft) at exit points along logistics
chain (loading trucks, retail checkout). The EAS feature can also automatically
reactivate after a predetermined time.
- Simple structure -
- The transponders comprise of only two electronic parts joined together,
an integrated circuit and an antenna.
- Low cost technology -
- Transponders use a simple integrated circuit, using the cheap silicon
technology that is widely available, have a small silicon area, simple
design, wide tolerances and are attached to a simple antenna.
- One chip fits all -
- As the transponders have no tuned components on board, the same transponder
chip can be used for different applications by fitting the appropriate
antenna to the needs.
- Passive -
- The transponder receives its energy from the reader field, thereby
not using a battery and so saving cost, increasing reliability and avoiding
- Frequency agile -
- The transponders contain no tuned circuits and use the backscatter
modulation principle for communication, allowing the same transponder to
be read by different readers operating at different frequencies, thereby
making the transponder ideally suitable for International trade.
- Three axis reading -
- The limitation of RFID transponders to discrepancies in polarisation
of the transponder and the reader are overcome in a unique feature that
allows a three axis reader (XYZ) to read all the transponders while using
only a single frequency.
- Different antenna packaging -
- The transponder will work with a number of different antenna configurations
and shapes which can be tailor made to the specific applications.
(Note Performance achieved is dependant on design criteria to be
chosen by licensees)
of pages| features |Trolleyponder
developers section | EcoTag(TM)| Applications|
Evaluation Hardware| Datapack|
Features | Patents
| FAQs | Press Releases
| News letters | Technical
articles | Image gallery| Retail
Initiative| Contact Information |
Trolley Scan (Pty) Ltd © / email@example.com